The Samsung Galaxy S3 will be equipped with a a 4.6-inch HD 1280 x 720 pixels Super AMOLED Plus capacitive TouchWiz screen, powered by a quad-core, Exynos 4212/ Exyos 5250, 2GHz/ 1.8GHz processor, an ARM Cortex A9 chip, 2GB RAM.
It will be released in USA, Canada, Singapore, Europe, Ireland and New Zealand
New: According to ZDNet Korea, it will arrive in April. The Galaxy S III will be available in stores in the UK during the Summer Olympics.
Update April 11th: The Samsung Galaxy S3 will equiped with a physical home button like the S2 and the iPhone
Update May 3rd: The Samsung Galaxy S III HSPA+ version will become available in Europe on May 29
It is expected to have the latest release of the Android 4.0 OS – Ice Cream Sandwich, which has the following new features included:
- Face Unlock, a feature that allows users to unlock handsets using facial recognition software
- Better voice integration and continuous, real-time speech to text dictation
- Virtual buttons in the UI, in place of capacitive or physical buttons
- New tabbed web browser, allowing up to 16 tabs
- Ability to shut down apps that are using data in the background
- Improved error correction on the keyboard